The Biomedical Engineer will provide preventative maintenance, repairs, and installation services to JNC clients for a broad range of medical equipment in the technical division.
Installation, Repairs and Maintenance
- Provide pre-installation and installation services equipment sold by JNCI according to manufacturer’s standards.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Liaise with various manufacturers for technical support, warranty claims, equipment upgrade, and product enquiries; escalate issues where necessary
- On-Site Operation/Demonstration and Users Care Maintenance Training
- After Sales Services and Preventive Maintenance Services of Healthcare Devices / Medical Equipment.
- On-Site Training in Operation and Product Demonstration, Users care and Maintenance Techniques of Products to Client’s Personnel
- Operation of a rigorous system of planned preventive maintenance services for Customers
- Generation of sales and maintenance service contracts
- Improve customer experience by providing advice on best practices of equipment usage and maintenance culture.
- Minimizes radiation to patients & staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Protects clients by advising on adherence to infection-control policies and protocols, following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media, administering first aid, and using the emergency cart.
- Provide support and advisory services to relevant sales team and employees across the organization
- Contribute to sales and marketing efforts by providing support as and when required
- Work closely with the project manager in any other assigned roles to deliver monthly, quarterly, and annual anticipated territories of coverage
- Participate in product exhibitions and conferences of Healthcare Devices and Medical Exhibition/Seminars and Annual Meetings of Medical Professionals, e.g., Medic West Africa, etc.
- Participate in the collection, sorting, and storing of imported products when required
- Participate In Housekeeping of Products to Maintain a Healthy and Safe Working Environment
- First Degree (B.Sc., BTech, HND) in Engineering disciplines (Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, etc.)
- 4 + years relevant work experience.
- Registered member of COREN.
- NYSC discharge certificate or exemption.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge in electronics circuits and PLC.
- Frequently required to reach, pull, and/or employ fine motor skills during the installation, servicing, and maintenance.
- Occasionally required to bend, crouch, kneel, climb, balance, or otherwise maneuver body while servicing and/or inspecting equipment